Sunday, February 4, 2018

Praises and Prayers

I usually post on Thursdays, but time got away from me. This week has been one of praises and prayers.

Last Sunday, I visited a Hindu temple. What a sad religion. Hey burn the bodies in hopes that the person will be purified of sin. If it takes longer than 3 hours to burn a body, they believe the person was bad. There are many rituals that go along with the funeral. While I was talking with the guide, I was able to share a bit of the Gospel with him. Please pray that he will seek the truth.

We are thankful that two of the kids are back from their father's  funeral. Imagine being a 5th grade Christian boy and having to perform some of the rites of a pagan religion. Every night and during each class, we prayed for God's protection  over these two as they faced the fact that their father was not saved and dealt with demonic oppression. You can look up the Hindu funeral practices for a son whose father dies to seek the challenges this boy faced.

I heard good news regarding my cousin who is expecting miracle twins. She still needs prayer that the twins wait a few more weeks before coming.

My aunt who was in the hospital for 31 days was sent home, she is now back in. Please pray that the doctors can regulate her meds, and pray that the blood clots she has will go away.

I took the kids up on the roof to watch the lunar eclipse. We had a decent view when it was almost fully covered, but due to smoke and lights, the red color wasn't as clear until it was higher in the sky and the earth's shadow was beginning to wane. I was able to take some pics which can be viewed on Facebook M2M-Now.

I am learning some Nepali hymns and choruses on the piano, and I hope to be playing in church by next week. Please pray for me.

School keeps me busy, but I did find out that I will be here after school finishes in March wHicham will give me a little more time to spend with the kids and maybe see a little more of the country.

I found out we have two pairs of green parrots behind the house. I took a few pics, but jopefully, I can get some better ones soon.

Please keep my parents in prayer as they continue to work on my dad's health.

No comments:

Post a Comment