Monday, August 19, 2019

School-Late nights, Early mornings

A full week of school has passed, and I can tell. This week has been a busy one with trying to structure my 5th and 6th graders so they get the most out of each class. It isn't always easy to make sure there is enough work for the fast learning students and yet teach slowly for the  ones who struggle with English...

I am tutoring three students three days a week in spoken English and reading comprehension in English. I used to hate stundying English in high school and college, but now it is actually my favorite subject to teach.

This week, I began working in the after school care program. Some of the kids are here until 5-5:15 and trying to keep the littlest ones occupied after they finish their work isn't always easy. Thankfully, someone invented playdoh, coloring books, and bubbles.

Sunday, was a good day in church with almost 50 in the service. I had one little girl in Sunday school, and God must have meant it to be that way. I have been teaching through the Wordless Book, and had already passed baptism and growing Christ. This little girl wasn't in church that week, so I taught it to her this week. I asked if her if she ever remembered asking Jesus to be her Saviour. She said yes, and described where it happened and how. I then asked her if she had been baptized, and she said no. I told her that if she wanted, I could talk to the pastor and schedule a time for her to be baptized so that her family could come see her. She told that would be ok. Please pray that her baptism can be a tool to bring people under the sound of the Gospel who may never hear it otherwise.

Please pray that I will stay healthy, get rest, be prepared, and help my students to learn to the best of their abilities.

I have many missionary friends, pastors wives, and other friends going through difficult health situations. Please pray that God will heal them.

2 comments: