Monday, May 14, 2018

Happy B Day to Me!











Thursday, I celebrated 34 years of life! Time has definitely flown in the last ten years. It was 11 years ago at the end of this month that I made my first trip to China. The journey since then hasn't always been easy, but I can look back and see where I was led to the right places at the right times.

My life is about to get very busy. I will be volunteering in some phonics classes, and I made my first visit today. I also rode a bike for the first time in 10 years. I was pretty proud that I didn't wreck and embarrass myself.

I have been helping with a lot of small but important projects for my friends here and in Puerto Rico. This week, I finished the yearbook for the PR school, and I am almost done with the calendar for here. I enjoy being a blessing to all the people I come in contact with.

I hope any mothers who read this were able to enjoy a nice Mother's Day. I was able to send my mom some flowers. I have missed a number of Mother's Days at home in the last few years, yet my mom has been my biggest encourager on my journeys. When she surprised me for my birthday in Puerto Rico, we were able to spend Mother's Day together and speak at a mother-daughter banquet.

I talked with my sister, Julie tonight, and my niece Serenity, who is 4, wanted to talk to. I asked Serenity to read me a story. She read several short words, then read a story about a pig who sat in the mud. I asked her if she was reading a dirty story. She laughed and said, "Yes, I'm reading an Aunt Jenny story." I laughed so hard. She is definitely a chip off the block of sarcasm that runs in our family.

Requests:
Parents to find a house
Wisdom for my dad
Wisdom for decisions for my future trips
Chyenne Barnes-My brother-in-laws dad- The bucket of a backhoe fell on him and broke his leg.
My sister as she helps care for Mr. Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment