Friday, April 13, 2018


Wow! The last two weeks were very busy. I finished out my time in Nepal by visiting Pokhara in the Annapurna Mtains. It is a beautifull place. We stayed in a beautiful hotel, ate Korean bbq, fajitas, Dahl bat (rice, soup, meat) crepes, and so many other delicious things. We visited the Gurkha soldiers museum which if you do not know who the Gurkha are, do some reading. They were and are amazing, brave, soldiers. We also visited the international Mountain museum. It is a beautiful place with a mini Mt. Everest to climb, so I climbed Everest. We also drove up into the mountains and watched the sunrise. Because of the clouds, we only saw the tiptoes of the tallest peaks. It was not until the last day that we actually saw the Annapurnas in their glory of beautiful, snow capped peaks. It was an answer to prayer. I did not get to see Everest due to clouds, but someday if I visit again, I plan to trek to see the mountain.

The end of my last week in Nepal was busy with packing, cleaning, and completing a few crochet projects for the kids. I left Nepal at 11:30 pm and arrived in Malaysia at 6am. What a beautiful airport! They have a small atrium with a jungle and waterfalls. It was a very relaxing place to walk through. I ate breakfast and did a little shopping, then went to have lunch. I only had a little bit of Malaysian money left, so I was trying to figure out how much my meal would  cost... the waiter had a little trouble understanding my questions, and a man from Singapore asked what the trouble was. I explained my lack of Malaysian money... He told the waiter to give me whatever I wanted and paid for it. I did not get to ask him if he was a Chr....., but it wouldn't surprise me.

I left Malaysia at 5:30 pm and arrived in China at midnite. Customs was quick with no problems. I headed for my hotel only to find out that they consider 2am to be part of the night before. My room was not ready, and there were not  available. I went to my friend's for a few hours then returned to the hotel to rest and freshen up.

The next day, I went to the Great Wall. The area was beautifully landscaped and did not seem to be a main tourist area.  We spent a couple of hours climbing, chatting... We then had an amazing fish soup lunch. Mine was very spicy, and one of the peppers , Szechuan peppers, had a strange numbing effect.

Yesterday, I spent the day at the English Center working on personal projects and learning about how the center works. Today, I am sitting in  on classes and learning how English is taught. Tonight we will have a time with friends to learn about the best Friend.

Please wait to comment about my adventures until you see how I write about things due to the regulations here. You will notice certain words are not used and are replaced with other words. If you do not understand something, please feel free to ask my family.

Trouble that my parents had with the moving company they hired.
Future plans

No comments:

Post a Comment