Wednesday, May 31, 2017

What a whirlwind week! After a flight delay caused me to spend last Thursday night at JFK, I arrived at the house where I am staying in NYC on Friday morning. I freshened up, then headed to the 9?11 Memorial where I watched the Coast Guard Silent Drill Team perform. Afterwards, the Navy and Coast Guard held a reenlistment ceremony. It was awesome to watch men and women promise to defend America for another tour of duty.
I met a lady in the Coast Guard, and we chatted about what we were doing and why. She is in the US military, and I'm in God's. She is Catholic, so pray that perhaps God will use our friendship as the key to show her the truth of salvation.
On Saturday, I met up with my college roommate Amy. We had so much fun catching up and walking through the city. I returned home and prepared for my visits to two churches on Sunday.
On Sunday, I was with Pastor Humberto Martinez in Corona, NY. What a blessing that my first service in the US was a Spanish service. One lady was very touched by my ministry and gave a large personal gift to help me. The church will be sending a love offering later. I then attended 6th Ave. Baptist in Brooklyn, NY where Pastor Johnson is doing a great work. They were having a baptismal service, and had 4 people baptized! What a blessing! I played piano for the service. Afterwards, Pastor Johnson handed what I know was a sacrificial gift from his church. Every time God opens a door for me to speak in a church, He blesse me beyond what I can imagine.
Monday, I spent Memorial Day at the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial on the Upper Westside of Manhattan. It was a beautiful ceremony despite the rain and cold for which I was unprepared. My friend Rachel went with me, and then my friend Sherry met us for lunch. Sherry and I then headed to the Mets Stadium for a special Armed Forces game. We saw new enlistees  sworn in to the Navy, watched several members of the Armed Forces during the first pitch, heard a beautiful rendition of the National Anthem, and Sherry said she enjoyed her first baseball game. I'm so thankful my dad taught me to honor our military.
After the game, Sherry and I headed to her house where  I spent the night. We talked late into the night. I love spending time with her family who are from Guayana. The next morning, we did a little shopping, then headed back to Brooklyn for dinner with one of the former students from the school where I worked for three years. It was great to catch up with her. Please pray for Rosemary as she will be taking the Air Force exam soon.
After dinner, I went to church at International Baptist where I served for three years. It was great to catch up with old friends. Today, I stopped by the school for part of field day. I saw many students I had known during my time as secretary including some who already graduated. I then went shopping again, then met Sherry. We came home and chatted for awhile until she needed to go to the train.
After dropping Sherry at the train, I went by my friend Rosalind's house. Please pray for Rosalind as the Devil has her confused regarding some Biblical truths. Please pray I can show her the answers she needs.
Please pray for me as tomorrow, I will be making more contacts for churches to visit while I am in Maine. Pray also that I can hear from the missionaries in Nepal soon. Right now tickets from England to Nepal are at very good prices.
Continue to pray for my dad's health.

No comments:

Post a Comment