Friday, April 14, 2017

Today was a good Friday! Not just because we remember that Christ died for our sins today, but because I got to enjoy the day with my Christian family here in Puerto Rico. We had a delicious lunch of Cevichi (sp?) which was made with shrimp, lobster, and CONCH! Yes, I ate it. I'm glad I was not told what it was until after I had tried it because I probably wouldn't have eaten it. :-) We had another hot dish with the same ingredients but different seasoning, arepas, and tostones. (fried green plantains)

After lunch, we went for a drive around the southeast side of the island. The beaches are so amazingly different even though they are just a few miles apart. Near Ceiba, which is where I live, the beaches are tan to white sand and have a lot of straw from some kind of tree. One beach we saw today had black and white sand and was very sparkly. Another beach was a rocky, reef area. I also saw an old sugar mill and a lighthouse. I will post pics soon.

Tonight I am baking cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Tomorrow I will begin prepping things for Sunday dinner. We have a sunrise service, breakfast and a 9am service. I am looking forward to the day.

Next week,I will be posting a special update regarding my ministry. Please pray as I take another step of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment