Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Twas the week before Christmas

And it was a busy one. Last Friday, after an already long week of frustrations, Auntil Debbie and I prepared to move into her new home. We loaded her car and a truck. A few minutes after Aunt Debbie left, she called to tell me that the carpets, which should have gone in the day before, we're not laid. In order to not pay the truck driver a ridiculous amount to stand around and wait, he furniture was unloaded into the carpet less house. Aunt Debbie and I spent the day waiting for the carpet to be finished, and finally at 6pm, we were able to unload the car, get beds set up... Saturday was spent unpacking, buying storage furniture and putting it together.

Sunday, was our Christmas Program and Carol concert. We had 50 people in attendance, most of them were visitors from Aunt Debbits knit group and Ukelele club. Pray that their hears were touched with the message, and that they will come to know Christ. The children did a beautiful job with the play and puppet show.

Monday and Tuesday were spent putting more furniture together and watching kids. Tuesday night, we had the knit club Christmas party. It was so much fun and filled with laughter. I made a new friend from Poland.

Today, Aunt Debbie and had a somewhat relaxed day waiting for workmen to fix problems with the house, put in wardrobes, hang blinds... She also taught me to knit. I am very slow.

All my Christmas presents are wrapped, and I can't wait to watch everyone open them. I already made wassail, and I plan to make cookies.

Special prayer requests
My sister Janna
Nephew Emmett
Newborn cousin Jocelyn
Parents

No comments:

Post a Comment