Sunday, October 4, 2026

Fall has arrived!

 Fall is my favorite season. It is when for a few brief days, everything turns to bright vibrant colors against brilliant blue or dark cloudy skies.  It's a stage right before things die for the winter and wait to be reborn in the spring as something better, bigger, and more beautiful. Caterpillars fo to sleep in ugly cocoons, leaves fall and turn the forests  to crispy brown paths. Fields are harvested and then lie fallow waiting for the spring planting.

The Christian life is like this. We can be going along living in the beauty of victories, growing grace and knowledge, seeing people saved, and then God allows us to go through a period of fall and winter. He calls for us to be pruned like a grape vine, so that soon we can produce more abundantly. 

When I travel on the mission field helping families, sometimes my fruit looks different than others. Sometimes it is sparse, and sometimes I see great victories. I have been talking with the young people here in Poland..they are in their 20s and 30s. We have had several very deep Bible discussions with the most recent being a discussion of Ephesians 5. Through Bible discussions and games, we learn a lot about each other, our families, our upbringing. Please pray that God will continue to use me until the end of the month to help these young people connect with each other and God. One of these young people has asked some hard question which he is trying to fully understand according to Biblical doctrine. I am not preacher, but I am thankful that through various word studies I have done and verses I share in Muslim and Atheist groups online, I have been able to be a part in helping him to understand the Bible a little more.

I am still working with Kamila on discipleship..we will be talking about baptism this week. Please pray that she can understand this and will decide to take this first step in obedience to Christ. Please pray for the church hear as every week they have new visitors. It is a melting pot of nationalities. Ukranians, Phipinos, Russians, Sri Lankans, Africans, and Indian and Japanese. There may be others that I do not know. 

Today I spoke with a Ukranian man who grew up in the States He was in trouble a lot growing up, and since returning to Ukraine, going to Germany... he has ended up in a rehab home here in Poland. He is saved, but has a lot of growing  to do. His name is Misha.

I am still seeking churches who will take me on for support. I am also seeking missionaries to help between January and June of next year. Please pray that God will open the doors He wants me to go through and close the ones He doesn't.

I only have a few more weeks here in Poland. Please pray that God will allow me to continue to be a blessing and help while I am here. Also pray that God will send another helper to the Socks as they do need the extra hands to help around the house.

Please keep my dad and mom in prayer. They will be moving to Indiana at the end of the month to be nearer some better healthcare. Both of them are dealing with some major health issues. Please pray God gives them wisdom during this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment