Monday, December 14, 2020

Tis the Season

 I cannot believe it has been a month since I last posted. Since my last post, my days have been filled with preparing for Thanksgiving, a Christmas Play, and a Christmas trip. Tis the season to be busy.

My parents and I spent Thanksgiving with my sister and her family as well as some of the people from their church. We had so much food and so much fun.

Our kids program has been held on Saturdays, and for the last seven weeks, we have been working on a Christmas play. About four weeks ago, our choir began working on the three main songs, and several families worked on other individual songs. We held the play yesterday, and what a blessing it was. The kids did so well, and the helpers did a great job getting the kids into position.

I am thankful my dad decided to keep our church open. We had a visitor yesterday who has been contemplating suicide. He remembered the church on the hill and came. Please pray that he will continue coming. I believe he is saved, but has strayed from the Lord. We also had one of our kids trust Christa after my dad's message.

This week, we are finishing up Christmas gifts and prepping to go on a trip to visit most of my siblings. This will require a lot of driving and expense, but my parents feel we should do this now as there may not be opportunity to do so again or at least for a long time with the way the country is shaping up. Our governor has again overstepped her role as governor, and no one is holding her in check. Please pray that our legislators will take a stand and reconvene to end the communist measures our governor has implemented which effect freedom and health.

I have been and continue to pray about direction for the future of my helps ministry. So many countries are closed and closing even tighter. Please pray that God will allow me to at least fulfill the journeys I had planned for this year, and that He will show me the door He wants me to go through next.

My mom's health is improving. I plan to give a praise report closer to January. 

Although some of my support has lessened, the five remaining churches continue to send their support. I have been trying not to use any of my support for personal needs while home, so please pray that I can find an online job which does not require a set schedule since my moms health can change without warning.

Please pray for our safety as we travel. Pray for the truth about the election to be found and settled, and that the truth about the covid situation will come out and those responsible for trying to destroy America through fear will be held accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment