Thursday, January 16, 2020

Earthquakes in Divers Places

I arrived back in Puerto Rico, Monday, Jan. 6. I was exhausted due to illness and traveling. I took something to help me sleep. I remember waking up in the middle of the night, but I didn't know what woke me. When I awoke the next morning, the pastor told me we had an earthquake. Puerto Rico has had
  • 37 earthquakes in the past 24 hours-Most of these have been between 2-3 magnitude, and many have been over 4- 5 with a few above 5.
  • 488 earthquakes in the past 7 days
  • 1,778 earthquakes in the past 30 day
  • You can track the quakes using Puerto Rico earthquake tracker online.
I can feel the tremors when the quakes are at 3.5, and the ones over 4 can give a pretty good shake. Our area so far has been safe, and school reopened this week, but the west side of the island needs prayers. Many people are living in tents due to fear that their houses may collapse. Schools, hospitals, churches have been damaged as well. We have also had a lot of rain, so I am sure living conditions are even more miserable in the tents. Please continue to pray for God's protection and help for this island.

I was able to use the earthquakes as a tool for witnessing to my students. I talked about how Paul and Silas were in prison, and God sent an earthquake. Even though all the prisoners could have escaped, none did. Paul was then able to lead the jailer to Christ. After talking about this story and the earthquakes here, I asked the students to bow their heads. I then asked if there was anyone who did not know for sure that they had received Jesus as their Saviour. One boy, who has heard me teach about salvation and heard it preached in chapel, raised his hand. Pastor Martinez spoke with him a little later in the day, and he trusted Christ. This my 4th student who has trusted Christ this year.

Please keep my nephew Emmett Croy in prayer. He was very sick as a baby, but has been doing well for a couple of years. Now, he has developed some lumps on his back, and had a full body scan today. Please pray that he does not have anything serious. Please also pray for China. Some of my friends have been asked to leave. Even though Trump is making headway with a trade deal, the government is quietly cracking down on foreigners, Christianity... Pray especially for the national leaders and their members safety.

I was able to purchase my plane ticket to England, and God blessed me with a very good deal. Please pray as I begin making travel plans with missionaries in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment