Thursday, August 1, 2019

A week is gone!

How time does fly when you're having fun or when you're busy. My first week since returning to Puerto Rico was spent visiting the beach, shopping, and setting up my room. Yesterday, I painted two small rooms in the school, and today began the teacher's work days to prepare the classrooms for the start of school next week.Today, I got a lot of things organized. tomorrow, I will put up my bulletin board, finish getting the students books, tests... organized, and then I will begin the task of preparing lesson plans. I am excited to be teaching 5th and 6th grade. Some of the students I taught before will be in my class.

This past Sunday, we had friend day at church with over 100 people in attendance. I was able to play the piano and sing a special for the second service. I also taught the children's class, and one girl raised her hand for salvation, but she did not want to talk to me about it. I let the pastor know so he could talk with her family.

We have had heavy rains all this week which caused some flash floods. I did not mind it too much because when the rain would slow down, the Coqui frogs would come out and start singing. Today, some Greater Antillian Grackles were chirping away and chasing each other all around the yard. They too were happy the rain had stopped. Tonight, when we returned from shopping, I saw six giant toads who had come out to enjoy the dry night. This link has many of the Coqui frog sounds recorded. https://www.aza.org/frogwatch-usa-puerto-rico

Praise!
 First Baptist Church in Hammond Indiana, which I attended for eight years while in college, took me on for support this month. It is a blessing to see God continue to provide for me to continue to go to more places to be a blessing to more people.  Five churches now support me. Thank you for partnering with me as I gain fruit to your accounts.

Please pray for me that I will be prepared for the start of school. Please pray for my students that any who are not saved will trust Christ by the end of the year. Please pray for several people I know who are going through some tough situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment