Sunday, May 27, 2018

The End of May and Memorial Day

This month has been very busy, and June is going to be even busier. My time spent in the kindergarten is helping me develop some teaching skills I did not have before. Tonight, it may have helped my art skills a little, but probably not since my bear drawings are very lacking.

Tomorrow is Memorial Day, I cannot help but think of all who have sacrificed for freedom. Do not take that freedom for granted. I know what it is like to be in places where freedom like ours is unknown. I am thankful for a long line of patriots from the The War for Independence to the current times who are unafraid to sacrifice themselves for our nation. Tomorrow, I will wear my Wolfhounds shirt in honor of my Uncle John who was killed in Vietnam.

I have met several nice young ladies since being here. Last week I baked cookies with one, and tomorrow, I will go out for lunch with another. I hope I can have a positive influence in their lives. Several are going to college, and some have chosen secular schools. They need lots of petitions to go up for them to stay firm in their beliefs. There are also several young men who are home from school. Some have been to the specialized classes, but some have only made one appearance. This is a little discouraging to the Teacher.

Several summer get togethers will take place, I will get to teach in quite a few of them. I have already been thinking about topics, and I am excited to see the results that come from these activities. These get togethers will focus on young people, but some parents may join in.

Next month, I will go to South Korea to renew my visa. During that time I hope to see a couple of friends who live their. It will be fun to catch up with my former roommate.

Requests
Summer Get togethers
Sister, Janna- possible surgery
Sisters, Julie and Joy- pregnancies
Parents- find a house

No comments:

Post a Comment